Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year's Weekend

2011 ended on a high note and 2012 isn't starting off too bad either!


Friday night we went to a Japanese steakhouse with a couple of our friends and then we went to see The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.  I haven't read the books and I had no idea what the movie was going to be about, but I LOVED it!  I'm not gonna lie, I was confused for about the first half of the movie, but I thought it ended up being really good :)  One of the friends we went with has read all the books and she suggested watching the first movie then reading the second two books, so I may do that.  

Saturday we just hung out for a while.  Lee brewed some beer and I did a little shopping.  That night we went over to some friends' house to watch the Auburn game and celebrate the new year.  I didn't want to take my big camera so these are some that one of my friends took:


Me and Lee, obviously

This one cracks me up...they are being so silly and I look like I'm trying to get away from them!  Look at my earrings, I must have been moving fast!

New Year's Day was one of the laziest days I've had in a long time, and it was AWESOME!  We slept really really late then just hung out on the couch watching movies and TV and reading all day.  We watched The Help because I got it for Christmas and Lee hadn't seen it yet [it was just as awesome this time as it was the previous two times I had seen it!] and Star Wars.  In my 27 years on this Earth, I had never seen Star Wars.  Shameful, I know.  But now I've seen it and...well, I didn't hate it.
I think the dogs enjoyed the lazy day, too!

It's been a great start to 2012!  I've got a really good feeling about this year!


1 comment: