Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Gun Powder and Lead

Remember this conversation?

Well, we did something about that this weekend. 

A new shooting range opened pretty close to our house recently and Lee went with his work last week as a team building activity, and he had a really good time.

Saturday morning Lee suggested that we head over the shooting range. I've been wanting to learn to use a gun for a while now so I agreed. After we decided to go he started talking about buying one instead of just renting one. We had been discussing it for a while, so we decided to go ahead and do it.  So off we went to Academy to get ourselves a pistol. We are now the proud new owners of a 9mm.

After we got the gun we went over to the range so I could learn to use it. Since I had never been to a shooting range I didn't know what to expect.  They had all sorts of different targets you could buy.  Lee got us a zombie Hitler target. Of course we were shooting zombies!
Some of these bullet holes were from me!  See the one right in the middle of his hat?  Here's a closer look:
See the little one?  That was my shot.  I was pretty proud!  But most of mine didn't really hit very close to the target.  I was just trying to hit the paper at all!

So now I know how to use a gun, and I feel a little better about being here without Lee when he's out of town. And in the event that our home ever gets broken into again [or the zombie apocalypse], I'll have a better plan than a frying pan. 

I feel like I should mention that we understand the seriousness of owning a gun. This is not a toy to us.   

No comments:

Post a Comment