Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Drown 'em, Tide!

Last night Alabama played LSU in the BCS National Championship Game. We had played LSU back in November and lost in overtime 9-6. It was heartbreaking, but one of the best defensive games I've ever seen.

When I found out Alabama was going to get the chance to face LSU again in the National Championship I just had a feeling we were going to win. I wasn't nervous all day, which is weird because I usually get nervous for regular season games, but I was pretty calm yesterday. I just felt good about it.

Once again, this was a defensive game.  We attempted seven field goals [and made five], and I was having flashbacks of that game in November.  We were leading 15-0 in the fourth quarter and feeling pretty good about the win, when Trent Richardson broke a run for a touchdown!  I LOVE Trent Richardson and I'm so glad he got to put the ball in the endzone for us.

This guy here had a pretty good game too!  Courtney Upshaw from my hometown of Eufaula, Alabama played like a beast and won the Defensive MVP award!  So proud of the hometown boy!  Can't wait to cheer for him on Sundays :)

I'm so proud for The University of Alabama and the city of Tuscaloosa.  It's so nice to have something to lift everyone's spirits after the long few months we've had since April.

Roll Tide Roll!
Photos via al.com

No comments:

Post a Comment