Wednesday, February 24, 2010

New Challenges

I decided a couple of weeks ago that I needed to add something different to my workout routine. The gym is still SOOO crowded since it's still early in the year, so sometimes that discourages me from going. So I've started two new things: Jillian Michaels 30-Day Shred and the Couch to 5k.

The 30-Day Shred is HARD, yall. I was going to order it from Amazon with my Swagbucks, but Lee's sister and her roommate had it and let me borrow it. (There's a lot of jumping in it, and they live in an apartment, so they hadn't been using it because they're considerate of their neighbors), so if I didn't like it I wouldn't have been out any money, so now I can spend my Swagbucks on something else :) I decided I was going to challenge myself to actually do the DVD 30 days in a row and see what happens. I started last Thursday, but I didn't do it Friday so I'm counting my 30 days as having started Saturday. I haven't done it yet tonight, so I guess I'm four days in right now. Today is the first day I haven't been sore! There are three levels, and you work your way up as you're ready for a more difficult workout. I'm obviously still on level one. I still really like it, though. It's only about 20 minutes, so I feel like every day I'll be able to make 20 minutes to work out. I'll keep you posted on my progress!

A few weeks ago Lee decided he wanted to start running. I had done the Couch to 5k a while back, so he decided he'd do that. Have any of yall ever done that one? You can download a podcast every week for 9 weeks, and by the end of the 9 weeks you should be able to run 5k, or 30 minutes without walking. We're on week 3 right now. Our neighborhood is VERY hilly so it's pretty tough! He's been getting up and running before work, and I've been trying to get up with him, but I really like my sleep so it's hard for me to get up any earlier than I have to! I've gotten up with him one day so far. We're trying to go on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays so I'm REALLY going to try to get up with him in the morning. I did feel really proud of myself the day I ran before work :)

Oh, and I found the *best* Wii game last week! Just Dance! It is so much fun, and really good cardio! I danced to three songs Saturday and I was exhausted! My mom and Sunny probably thought I was crazy on Saturday because I kept talking about how excited I was to buy it, but then after they played it with me Sunday they went and bought it too! It's on sale this week at Target for $29.99, too, so you should check it out :)

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I need to get back in the gym.

    I am afraid to try the video, I think I might be tempted to fast forward through parts. HA!!!

    And we LOVE Just Dance in this house!!! Great work out and so much fun for the whole fam!!!

    ReplyDelete