Monday, May 2, 2011

Isaiah 54:11

"You are sad and discouraged tossed around in the storm. But I, the Lord, will rebuild your city"
Isaiah 54:11

One of my best friends works at Regions Bank in Tuscaloosa. Her branch was okay, but a lot of them went to the branch right on the corner of 15th Street and McFarland, which is right in the middle of all the damage, to cook and give out food to people working to clean up. They had a tent set up too so people could sit and eat or just rest if they wanted. [It's crazy to me that the mall and that branch of the bank are still standing...everything right across the street from them was absolutely destroyed]

We went out there yesterday afternoon to help out. It was absolutely amazing to see all the people wanting to help and just doing whatever they can. Donations were pouring in the whole time we were there. It really did my heart good to see that.

People from our rival schools are getting donations together and sending them in. I read yesterday that the New York Yankees donated $500,000. Charlie Sheen was in Tuscaloosa today and I heard he spent/donated a million dollars for supplies and such. [I'm hearing now that's just a rumor]
{via}
It's been about four years since I lived in Tuscaloosa, but I think I will always consider it home. I've never been so proud of my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment