Sunday, February 20, 2011

on the mend

After being sick off and on for two weeks and going three days with no voice, I finally sucked it up and took myself to the doctor after school on Tuesday. They drew blood, swabbed for strep throat and flu, and took some x-rays...not fun! Then the doctor came back and told me I had walking pneumonia...again. I had walking pneumonia about a year and a half ago, and I'm just about tired of getting it! I felt a lot worse this time than the last time, though. So they gave me a steroid and an antibiotic shot, and four prescriptions to get filled.

I finished up one of my prescriptions today and I should finish another one tomorrow. I really don't like the way it's made me feel...I mean, I'm feeling better than I was, but I've just been kinda woozy and haven't had much of an appetite. I feel like it's affected my mood, too :(

I feel almost 100% better, I'm just still trying to get my energy back. I've gotten a lot of rest this weekend, but I still feel drained. I've only got four days of class this week, so hopefully I can get back to normal by next weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Geez Carly, that is crazy that you have it again!! Hope you are at 100% soon!! The weather was beautiful here this weekend, I'm ready for a visit from you guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you had the pneumonia shot? I used to get pneumonia every 3-4 years. So bad that I'd be hospitalized. In 2009, I was put into a medically induced coma for 5 days and then in the hospital for another 12 due to H1N1 and viral pneumonia in both lungs and a blood clot in a lung to boot! Not fun! I got my first pneumonia shot, and so far, a year later, I'm still good. I hope you choose to do the same. They last for 5 years.

    ReplyDelete