Thursday, February 3, 2011

Again?

We are having ANOTHER ice storm in Alabama! Well, I'm not sure if it can be called an ice storm just yet, but we are definitely having freezing rain and ice again today! That's two times in as many months in 2011. Crazy considering I had never even seen anything like it until this year.

I got out of class today at 3:15. Once class was over I got a text from my sister-in-law saying that she didn't have to go to work tonight (she works on campus) because of the weather and that classes were canceled starting at 3:30. Then I saw the email from the University saying that classes were canceled. Yeah. I got out of class at 3:15 and they canceled them at 3:30. Don't I have the best luck? ;)

I headed home right after class and I had to pull over on the way home because my windshield had iced over. I couldn't see at all. It was so scary!! We are just not equipped to deal with this kind of weather here in Alabama!

Lee was supposed to have class at UAB tonight from about 4:00 to about 10:00, and I thought for sure they would cancel them. But no. UAB did not cancel any operations tonight, even though the roads in Birmingham were pretty terrible. Lee was going to try to go to class, and he was headed that way, but he turned around when he saw a truck lose control and come flying down the side of a hill. The guy was okay but Lee said if it had been his car it probably would have been totaled. Scary!

So tonight we've just been hanging out relaxing. I haven't been feeling good all week, so I went to bed around 8:00 last night and I'll probably go to bed early again tonight. We're just gonna hope we don't lose power!

No comments:

Post a Comment