Tuesday, February 1, 2011

HIMYM Wisdom

Sadly, I had never really watched How I Met Your Mother until a few months ago. I watched every once in a while when it was on Lifetime, and then my awesome sister-in-law gave me the first season for my birthday. I was hooked. Lee kinda has this rule that when we start watching a new show we have to watch it in order, so if we started watching season 1 on DVD when season 4 was airing on TV, we'd have to catch up on DVD before we could watch on TV. I usually go along with it, but I refused to do that for HIMYM. So we're watching them all out of order. It's just such a good show!

Besides being really funny, the show has some pretty wise quotes. I'm going to start posting some of the quotes sometimes as they stick with me.
This quote is from the Thanksgiving episode of the first season:
"Life has plenty of good parts. It's the rough parts that make you thankful you have people to share it with."

It's always good to have people you love with you during the happy moments in your life, but it's the not-so-happy moments in your life when you need somebody. Those rough times are when you find out who your friends really are, and it makes you thankful you have those people in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment