Sunday, January 23, 2011

My Fitness Pal

In my last post, I posted about wanting to exercise at least five times a week. I'm happy to report that so far I've followed through with that resolution! I've been doing the Thirty Day Shred almost every day, AND I've started back on the Couch to 5K. I finished up Week One today :) I didn't write in my last post about wanting to lose weight because that's pretty much ongoing for me, not really a resolution.

A week or two ago a friend of mine started posting on facebook about a website she had been using to track her calories and exercise called My Fitness Pal, so I had to go check it out. I've been using it for about a week and so far I love it! I had signed up for Weight Watchers online, but I think I'm just going to let it expire and only use My Fitness Pal when it runs out because MFP is FREE and Weight Watchers is not.

A while back I used SparkPeople and it was pretty good, and MFP is set up a lot like SparkPeople, but I think I like it a little better. I don't really know why, just personal preference I guess. When you set up your account you tell them how much you weigh, what your goal weight is, and how much you want to lose per week. Once you do that it tells you how many calories you should be eating a day. You can track all your food and all your exercise on the website. I was really impressed with all the food in their database. Lots of restaurants are in there. And if you're cooking yourself, you can just enter your recipe and how many servings and it tells you how many calories are in each serving.

I LOVE that it has a free app for iphones and Android, too! Weight Watchers right now doesn't have an Android app. So when I'm at school or anywhere I'm not at my computer I can still list what I've eaten and not have to try to remember it.

I really didn't mean for this to sound like an ad for MFP, I just really like it! We'll see how long I stick to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment