Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Early Christmas

Lee and I have always done Christmas together a few days early. I guess it started because our first couple of years we were dating we were in college and didn't see each other on Christmas Day. So we gave gifts early and it just kinda stuck. We did our Christmas for this year last night. Last year we did our gifts on a Saturday so I had a lot of time to cook a lot of food, but I had to work yesterday so I cooked potato soup when I got home. It was delicous, btw.

THEN we finally opened presents! Of all the things I got Lee, I was most excited about what was in his stocking! I got him some Huey's burger seasoning. When we lived in Memphis we ate at Huey's a lot, and when we moved we went to the store and stocked up. But they don't sell it in Alabama so we've been out for a while. We had talked about ordering it online but had never gotten around to it, and then one of my co-workers had to go to Memphis last week for a meeting. I asked her if she would pick up some Huey's for me and she did so I got to give Lee some for Christmas :) I was REALLY excited! I got him a Keurig coffee maker too, so I was really excited about that. I got him a turkey fryer too, but he found it a few weeks ago, so he already knew about that one. (He wasn't looking for it...they had turned off our gas one day so he went up in the attic to look at the water heater. I had put it up there that very day, right at the top of the steps because I was going to wrap it that night. I didn't even think about it until I heard him stomping around up there. I was so mad at myself!)

Lee did a really good job this year, but he really does a good job every year. He got me xm radio, Wii Fit plus (to replace the wii fit that got stolen in April), The Blind Side (the book), a new mp3 player (because my ipod will NOT hold a charge anymore) and a couple of cd's I've been wanting. The only PROBLEM with what he gave me was that he put all of my favorite candy in my stocking. He put a big bag of Reese's Pieces, Sour Patch Kids and Cookies and Creams Hershey's. AWESOME candy, but how am I supposed to lose weight with all that around? I guess I'll have to hide it from myself!

I'm off for the rest of this week, so of course my throat's been hurting today. So instead of going to the gym this afternoon like I had planned, I slept for 2 hours. I think I'm about to go get some orange juice and spend the rest of the day cleaning up.

I hope everyone is having a great Christmas week!

2 comments:

  1. I wish we could all have a little Christmas early!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas! Sounds like you and Lee have been good this year! :) Give the family our love!!

    ReplyDelete