Sunday, December 6, 2009

California, Here We Come...

Well...not me, but my beloved Alabama Crimson Tide! :) Last night we won the SEC Championship Game for our 22nd SEC Title and a spot in the CBS National Championship Game at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena!



Lee and I won't be able to go to the game since tickets are going for like $1,000, but we WERE able to go the game last night! I tried to take pictures, but my hands were so shaky (I was SO nervous, then I was SO excited!) they all turned out blurry, so all of these are from al.com.



I love Alabama football so much. Always have. I was in school at Alabama during some of the worst years in football. We had a six-game losing streak to Auburn. I was in school for five of those. We had three different head coaches while I was there. One of them never coached a real game. Mike Shula was fired during my last semester. Nick Saban was hired a couple of weeks after I graduated. Through all those years, I still loved my football team. "Roll Tide anyway" is what we said after all those losses to our rival. It feels so good to watch those boys do so well after all that. I've never met any of them, but I feel like they're my family. Sounds kinda weird, but I'm pretty sure any die-hard fans feel the same way about their teams.

I had never been to any post-season game before, so I REALLY wanted to go the game yesterday. Lee didn't really care if we went, probably because he was afraid we'd lose, but I finally convinced him to go. We paid a lot for our tickets (but not anywhere close to what we'd have to pay for National Championship tickets!), but it was worth every penny. That was the best football game I think I've ever seen. Our #2 Alabama Crimson Tide beat the #1 Florida Gators, 32-13. It was something I'll never forget. And it was really nice spending the day with Lee ♥

Here's a video from al.com of the celebration after the game. It's kinda long, and I haven't even watched the whole thing yet, but this is something I never want to forget! (Just a note though, if you do watch it, make sure your volume isn't turned all the way up...I played it with the volume turned up pretty high and just about scared my dogs to death!)

Alabama celebrates the 2009 SEC Championship win over Florida





No comments:

Post a Comment