Friday, July 16, 2010

it's the little things in life

Ever noticed how the little things in life sometimes (probably even most of the time) make you happier than the big things? You know, when you're just having a regular day, not particularly bad or good, and something that's not really a big deal at all can just make your day? I love those little things.

Here are a couple of little things that have made a couple of my days this week pretty awesome:

1. Tuesday night I had to work until about 9:30, and then I was planning on studying the rest of the night for a math test that I had on Wednesday. When I got home from work, Lee told me that he had gone to the store to get some salad and he got me a surprise while he was there since he knew I'd be up later than normal. He told me that he was going to get me ice cream (because we all know how much I LOVE ice cream), but he knew I was trying to lose weight and didn't want to mess me up too bad. So instead he got me some Luigi's Italian Ice. It wasn't any big thing that he did for me, it was just the thought behind it that made me so happy :)

2. I think I've mentioned on here how much I hate cleaning the bathroom. I don't mind cleaning the sinks and even the toilets, but I detest cleaning the shower. It just seems like no matter how hard I try, I can't ever get it really clean. Then I'll go to take a shower the next day and it looks like I didn't even try. I saw a commercial the other day for the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Bath Scrubber and figured I'd try it. I've tried everything else, so why not? I used it today, and I am absolutely IN LOVE with it! It wasn't perfect, but hey, my shower never is, so I'll take it! It really did make my day to find something that works on my shower!

I might start doing this kind of post more regularly. That way, if I'm ever feeling sorry for myself I can just look back at them and be reminded of the little things that make me so happy :)

I hope everybody has a great weekend!

1 comment: