Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Last Day at "The Coupon Place"

Tomorrow's my last day at work. I work at a shared mail company and one of my friends called it "the coupon place," and I thought that was pretty funny :) But my time there is almost up. I worked there from the time I graduated from Alabama until Lee and I got married. When we got married we moved to Memphis, so I obviously had to leave my job. The day I left they had a shower for me and Lee. It was May 5, so it was a "Cinco de Carly" shower. They had me a pinata filled with candy and money!
When we moved back to Alabama a year later, I was excited and blessed to get my job back (well, a really similar job anyway). I work for an amazing company. It's a company that really cares about its employees. I work with awesome people that I have the honor of calling my friends. And now I'm leaving again.


I know going back to school to be a teacher is what I'm SUPPOSED to be doing. I know it. The way everything is working out makes me more sure of that every day. But it's still sad to know that I won't be seeing all these people every day anymore. The good news is that I'm not moving away, and I know we'll still be in touch. We're already planning more lunches together and we're going to see Eclipse in July, but it won't be the same as seeing them every day. One of my best friends at work is pregnant and I'm sad that I won't get to see her every day and see how much she's growing, but I know that I'll be around to go visit that little boy when he gets here!
I just have mixed emotions right now. It's good to finally know what God's plan is for me, but it's hard to leave my comfort zone. This job and this company is what I know. It's scary to leave all that to make such a big change. I'm just so thankful that I was given the opportunity to work at this company back in 2007 and again in 2009. I've got some great memories, and some great friends that I'll never forget ♥

1 comment:

  1. I know that you are going to make such a wonderful teacher. I think it is wonderful that you have such a great relationship with your coworkers. I wish I had a group of coworkers to go and see Eclipse with!

    ReplyDelete