Tuesday, May 25, 2010

'Cause I'm spontaneous like that...

All day at work Friday I thought about the beach. My brother and sister-in-law and nieces were going down there. My parents were going down there. I wanted to go down there. So at about 4:45 Friday afternoon I emailed Lee and told him I wanted to go to the beach. His response was "Huh?" I said "I've been thinking about the beach and I want to go this weekend."

I'm not a terribly spontaneous person [I feel like I used to be though], and Lee is less spontaneous than I am, so it was hard for him to just pick up Saturday morning and drive five hours to the beach. We didn't have any big plans, but we were going to clean up and little things like that, so after work I went to the gym then came home and cleaned and washed clothes all night [until I fell asleep on the couch around 10!] Then we got up early Saturday morning and left at 7 to head to the beach!

We got down there around noon and went to the pool to hang out with the family. We stayed around there for a few hours, then we went over to Lee's grandparents' house to see everybody for a little while...except Lauren...I want to see you next time, dangit! Then Saturday night we went out to dinner with my brother and sister-in-law. It was SO much fun spending time with them. I miss them so much.

Sunday morning we went to the beach so my sister-in-law could get some pictures of my nieces. I actually took my camera this time!

My adorable nieces

This might be one of my favorite pictures ever...she wanted to feel the waves splash her feet

Mama got splashed!


We left around lunchtime Sunday to get back in time to go to our LOST party...I haven't watched since about the middle of last season...I had just gotten all confused...but Lee was really mad with the ending. It was a quick trip, but I'd do again in a heartbeat. It was such a fun weekend. It's worth the five-hour drive to spend time with my awesome family and be at my favorite place on the planet. Plus, one day we'll have kids [good Lord willing], and it won't be quite so easy to just head down there for a couple of days!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got to come for a quick visit, but jealous you saw everyone but me :( One of these days I am coming to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loves it! It's not easy being spontaneous, but it usually pays off, doesn't it? The pictures are so cute too!

    ReplyDelete