Sunday, May 16, 2010

I'm Back!

I'm really going to try to be better about updating my blog. We've just been so BUSY! (Which is one of the reasons I should update my blog more, so I can look back and remember what all we had going on!) My goal is to try to update at least twice a week.

The biggest thing that's been going on is that I'm going back to school! I'm going back to get my master's in elementary education. I know, it's a pretty terrible time to want to be a teacher with proration and all that, but this is really what I think I'm supposed to do. So for a couple of months all I did every night was study for the MAT. That test was SO HARD...but I passed! To get into school I had to place in the 50th percentile and I was in the 82nd! I was so happy I almost cried. I had only been nervous before one test in my entire life (Finance at Alabama...I had to pass the class to graduate. I had to get seven questions right--out of 50--to pass the class and I wasn't sure I did that...but I did...and I graduated with honors!), and the anxiety I had before that test was nothing compared to the anxiety I had before I took the MAT. I literally almost made myself sick.

It's going to take me a little over two years to finish up. I have to take some liberal arts classes that I didn't take my first time in school over the summer, and the classes are only offered during the day, so that means I have to quit my job at the end of this month. I turned in my notice Monday, and my last day is next Thursday. I'm excited about going back to school, but I honestly work with some of the best people you'll ever meet, so I'm sad about leaving everybody. I'm hoping I can find a part-time job soon.

In other news, Lee and I went to see Love and Theft, Lady Antebellum and Tim McGraw in concert Friday night. It was part of my anniversary present from him, which was really a sweet gift considering Lee really doesn't like country music at all!

We didn't get to see any of Love and Theft because we were already running a little late and it took us a good half-hour, 45 minutes to find a parking spot. (Note to the good people at the Verizon Wireless Music Center: Do something about the parking situation. Something is seriously wrong there.) We got in, paid $18 for two beers, and got to our seats right when Lady Antebellum started. They were amazing.
Hillary Scott of Lady Antebellum...she's just gorgeous

Tim McGraw was awesome too. He just has so many good songs!
Both of these pictures are obviously of the big screen at the concert. We actually had pretty good seats, it was just hard to get a good picture of the stage.

So that's a (not so) little update on my life lately!

1 comment:

  1. SOOOOO jealous you saw Lady Antebellum. Love them.!

    ReplyDelete