Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thankful...

This year for Thanksgiving we went down to Panama City to Lee's grandparents' house. For the past four years we've gone to Panama City and had lunch there on Thanksgiving, then turned around and gone to Eufaula and either eaten dinner there that night or lunch the next day. This year we decided we're going to start alternating where we go for Thanksgiving. So we spent Thanksgiving with Lee's family and we'll spend Christmas with mine, and next year we'll do the opposite. It was a little bit weird to not see my family on Thanksgiving, but Lee's family is awesome. I'm serious. I love his parents, brother and sister, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins. I love being around them.

We went and saw The Blind Side again while we were down there, and it really made me think about how blessed we are just to have family that loves us. I have an awesome family, and I married in to an awesome family, and I've always known that, but I don't think I've ever taken enough time to just thank God for that. I'm going to make it my goal to take a little time every day to be sure I thank God for the family I have.

(Didn't mean to get off on a tangent there, but I needed to say that.)

On Friday I did a LITTLE bit of shopping with my sister-in-law. I'm not a die-hard Black Friday shopper...it kinda scares me...plus I've been a slacker this year and didn't really have a plan of what I wanted to get ANYBODY...so we went around 9:30. It was actually not very crowded when we got to the mall. I'm a little ashamed to say that most of the shopping I did was for myself. But I did get some really good deals :) I did buy Lee a Christmas present, but then I decided to go ahead and give it to him Friday night. (It was a game and I knew he wanted to play it, so I just couldn't help myself!) So that's pretty much why I wait until the last minute to buy gifts!

We came back to Alabama yesterday afternoon. We put up the Christmas tree last night and spent most of today putting up the rest of our decorations. I still need to get a couple more things after work tomorrow, so I'll put up pictures of all my decorations later this week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment