Thursday, November 12, 2009

Sad News

After Lee left for work this morning he called and told me I needed to turn on our sports talk radio station because three University of Tennessee football players had been arrested for armed robbery last night. I listened to that for a while then read a few articles about it. Apparently one of the guys was in the store at the time and may not have had anything to do with it.

I obviously don't know the whole story about what happened, and I don't know if any of us ever will, but I think this is such a sad situation. There are so many talented athletes that get free rides to college and a chance to make millions playing in the NFL (or whatever professional sport they play) and then throw it all away with something like this.

It really frustrates me, too, when people make comments about all the "thugs" playing at UT. I'm not a UT fan, never have been, and I certainly don't care for their coach, but come on, there are guys who do bad things everywhere. Yes, even at my beloved University of Alabama. (Jimmy Johns, anyone?) People make mistakes. I just hope these guys can take whatever type of punishment they may get and straighten out their lives.

Okay, enough about that. I've pretty much done nothing but sleep all day. I haven't even had a shower...gross, I know, but how could I with all the sleeping I've been doing? I just hope I can sleep tonight since I have to go back to work tomorrow! I've decided I really do not like this cough medicine they've got me taking. It's disguting. It takes everything I have to take it, and I have to take it three times a day! It makes me feel more sick than I did before I took it. But if it makes me better I'll keep taking it.

I guess that's all I have for today, seeing as how I've done nothing all day :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl...so glad to hear from you!!!! Hope you rest well tonight and get over your cough soon!!! Soooo sad is right...disappointing and sad!!! It is hard to comprihend how such can happen...but then again some become so accustomed to things "given" that they take for granted....crazy!!!! Thanks for sharing your heart...

    ReplyDelete