Wednesday, December 28, 2011

2011 Ski Trip

We went on our ski trip the week before Christmas this year. Lee's brother's girlfriend graduated from Alabama on the 17th, and we headed to West Virginia on the 18th. We drove most of the way that day and stayed at a hotel about an hour away. We got up early on the 19th and drove the rest of the way up the mountain.

It hasn't been very cold this year, so there wasn't much snow and a lot of the trails weren't open. I think all the blacks were closed, but that obviously didn't bother me, seeing as how last year was the first year I got off the bunny slope :) 
My ski buddies for most of the trip

I think Lee was disappointed that the "good" trails were closed, but he decided since he couldn't ski those he was going to whip me into shape this year. [His words] I guess he did a pretty good job because this year I learned to buckle my boots all by myself AND I skied a blue trail! Two of them actually!
After I skied my first blue...I was so excited

We got two and a half good days of skiing in before it started raining on our last afternoon.
This is how foggy it was that day

We went night skiing our second night and that was a lot of fun! I didn't get any pictures of that, though :(

Lee said this was the first year he had actually had fun skiing with me. That sounds mean when I type it out, but he just meant that every other year when he's skied with me he had to stay on the greens and go really slow. [I did ski with his parents and stepbrothers on those trips though, so he could ski the "fun stuff" with his brother!] This year he still had to go pretty slow, he just got to go pretty slow on some blue trails too :) I can't wait to go again!

No comments:

Post a Comment