Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Bama Rising

Bama Rising was held last Tuesday night at the BJCC in Birmingham. Tickets sold out in about 15 minutes the day they went on sale, so I was so excited that I was able to get tickets. I went with...

my friend Cally...

and my friend Erica.

None of the husbands were too interested in going, so we had a girls night. I haven't been to THAT many concerts in my life, but this was hands down the best concert I have ever attended! There were so many good people there: Alabama, Sara Evans, Dierks Bentley, The Commodores, Martina McBride, Alabama boys Bo Bice and Taylor Hicks [remember them from American Idol?], Darius Rucker, Brad Paisley, Kellie Pickler, Sheryl Crow...I think there were like 20 people/groups there to perform!

It started at 7:30, and we didn't get back out to the car until almost 1:30 in the morning, but it was so worth it. Our seats were pretty good, but they were a little bit far from the stage so it's pretty hard to tell who's who in all my pictures. This one is from the end of the concert when everybody who was still there [or awake maybe?] came back out and sang "My Home's in Alabama." Definitely shed a tear or two during this one.
I'm so glad I got the chance to go to this concert. All of the performers came for free, which made me like them more than I already did [and I already liked them a lot!], and Bama Rising made about $2.2 million for tornado relief. It was such a good time, and something I'll never forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment