Sunday, March 28, 2010

Catching Up

Sunny informed me last night that I was way behind on my blog...so it's good to know I've been missed! :)

March 18-21 we went with Lee's family to Snowshoe, West Virginia to go skiing. I took my camera, but of course, I didn't take any pictures. His brother's girlfriend is better at taking pictures than I am, so she got one of us and put it on facebook for me...so here's the picture of us on the slopes:

I had been skiing with them before a few years, but they've all been skiing since they were like two, and that was my first time, and I got frustrated (and scared, I'll admit it) and quit. We went last year but I didn't ski. This year I told Lee I'd ski as long as he let me stay on the bunny slope the whole time, and he did and I was happy :) Also, I think it's worth mentioning that last year we got stuck on the side of a mountain in the snow. We were following his dad but he had gotten a little bit ahead of us, and we had no cell phone service so we couldn't get in touch with him to turn around. We were in a Honda Accord and not at all equipped for snow. It was really scary. Finally some guy came by and pulled us out. I'm happy to report that this year there was no getting stuck :)

We got home late last Sunday afternoon and washed clothes, watched The Celebrity Apprentice and went to bed! We were sooo tired!

This week the weather FINALLY started getting warmer. I love Springtime, but my allergies do not. I felt pretty bad all week long. Lee is pretty much the best husband ever for putting up with me last week. I was just a mess.

I'm finally feeling better today and have spent most of the day cleaning the house since it was pretty much neglected all week. I guess at some point this week I'll get out in the yard and pull some weeds. The TruGreen man came knocking on the door Friday afternoon asking if we wanted them to do our yard. I'm sure he went to almost everybody's house, but it still made me feel bad when he knelt down, touched some of the weeds in the yard, and said on their first service they'd get rid of our weeds for us!


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Awe, I love skiing. That is absolutely terrifying that you got stuck. I probably would have cried to be honest. I love spring. Can not wait for it to show it's full colors.

    ReplyDelete