Saturday, January 5, 2013

Netflix and Hulu

I love Netflix. We got mad at them a while back when they upped their prices and cancelled, but a few months ago we started subscribing again. We did it mainly because of a show that Lee wanted to watch, but I'm glad we did. I like it mainly because I have the app on my ipad and I can watch my TV shows while I walk on the treadmill :) We had been streaming it through the Wii so we could watch on the TV in the living room, but Lee recently got surround sound that lets us watch through that. So now the Wii is in the bedroom and we can watch Netflix in there too. Kind of a problem if I actually want to PLAY the Wii, but we can deal with that later.

Last week we started watching Downton Abbey on Netflix and got hooked on it. The only problem is that Netflix only has Season 1. Being the TV show addicts that we are, we decided to get the week-long free trial of Hulu Plus and watch it on there. When we were setting it up to stream through the surround sound we found out that we could get a 3-month free trial of Hulu Plus! So now we have plenty of time to watch Season 2 [but it won't take us much longer than a week].

Now we're debating on turning our cable completely off and just using Netflix and Hulu Plus [if we decide we like Hulu Plus, obviously]. The only problem is that not many of my Bravo shows are on there and not many of Lee's Food Network shows are on there. It would save us a lot of money every month if we did that, but I just don't know how I feel about it. Anybody have any thoughts on doing that? Also, any TV show suggestions for watching while I'm on the treadmill? I think there's a Hulu Plus app for the ipad too.

No comments:

Post a Comment