Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Hey there, 2013

Once again, my new year's resolution is to blog more. I've written on here several times why I want to blog, I just can't seem to keep it up. This year I'm really gonna try. So here I go!

The last time I blogged I was having a hard time because I couldn't find a job. I had started looking for a job ANYWHERE and had a couple of non-teaching job interviews lined up when I got an offer to teach at a school really close to the house. It was the job I had wanted all summer! I got the offer on Thursday and school started MONDAY! The three days before school started were a blur, as were the first few after school started, but I LOVE it! I'm teaching fifth grade and I love the kids, the school, and the other teachers I work with. I really think God was teaching me a lesson in patience and trusting in Him by having me wait it out. I spent so much time worrying about what I was going to do when He had a plan all along. 

School has pretty much been my life since I got the job. That, and college football. I love football so much and I'm a little sad it's almost over but I'm kind of excited to have my weekends back. I started reading again, too! I didn't have time for much reading for a while, but I've learned to balance things a little better now so I've made time for it. It's been nice :)

Since this is my first post of the new year I feel like I should put some of my resolutions (I like to call them goals though). I have several goals for 2013, but I thought I'd just share a few (besides blogging more) on here:

  • Get my car paid off
  • Start saving for a new house
  • Work out regularly (3-4 times a week)
Real exciting stuff there, I'll tell ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment